"The wise man can pick up a grain of sand and envision a whole universe. But the stupid man will just lie down on some seaweed and roll around until he’s completely draped in it. Then he’ll stand up and go, 'Hey, I’m Vine Man'."
- Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Bloo version 1.35 has been released. You can download it here.
This release is primarily focused on improving the comments-management of blogs. Below are the significant features and bug fixes in this release:
- Bloo now supports full comment moderation
- The comment thread subscription is enhanced. For instance, you can now cancel your subscription to a comments thread - every comment email you receive has a link which, if clicked on, will unsubscribe you
- Added two new spam Captchas: Bloo Captcha (which we've been using here for awhile and which is currently in force for Thinklings comments) and Google's reCaptcha service.
- Private Site, a new Bloo extension SnapOn, which allows you to set your entire blog private, meaning that only logged-in users can see it
- Max Links Spam Filter, also a Bloo extension SnapOn, in the Spamicide collection. Spammers, we hates them. we hates them forevah!!
- Emails coming from the system now look better (or that's the theory)
- Fixed a bug that caused comment counts to show no comments when viewing posts by category
- Performed various other bug fixes and architectural improvements
For some of you who have been thinking about starting to blog, and want to go the less-travelled road, you might think about giving Bloo a try. Be part of something small! (As you can see, marketing and snappy slogans are not my forte)
Watch me for the changes . . .