"When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil."
- Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Bloo version 1.35 has been released. You can download it here.
This release is primarily focused on improving the comments-management of blogs. Below are the significant features and bug fixes in this release:
- Bloo now supports full comment moderation
- The comment thread subscription is enhanced. For instance, you can now cancel your subscription to a comments thread - every comment email you receive has a link which, if clicked on, will unsubscribe you
- Added two new spam Captchas: Bloo Captcha (which we've been using here for awhile and which is currently in force for Thinklings comments) and Google's reCaptcha service.
- Private Site, a new Bloo extension SnapOn, which allows you to set your entire blog private, meaning that only logged-in users can see it
- Max Links Spam Filter, also a Bloo extension SnapOn, in the Spamicide collection. Spammers, we hates them. we hates them forevah!!
- Emails coming from the system now look better (or that's the theory)
- Fixed a bug that caused comment counts to show no comments when viewing posts by category
- Performed various other bug fixes and architectural improvements
For some of you who have been thinking about starting to blog, and want to go the less-travelled road, you might think about giving Bloo a try. Be part of something small! (As you can see, marketing and snappy slogans are not my forte)
Watch me for the changes . . .