"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind."
- Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Bloo version 1.30 has been released. You can download it here.
Below are the significant features and bug fixes in this release:
- Posters can now alter the date and time on a post
- BlooNews is now available. BlooNews allows for blogs to subscribe to Bloo news from the Bloo Development blog (devblog.outofthebloo.com). This extension also allows a blog to become a news publisher
- Added an RSS feed for Post Categories
- Community blogs can now be set as public/private. Only public blogs will be displayed on the front page of a community blog.
- Added profile settings to provide for email notification to a user if a new post and/or comment is created on the blog. If you want to be notified anytime another poster creates a post on your blog, or anytime someone comments on a post written by another poster, turn these settings on in your profile (obviously, this mainly applies to group blogs)
- Fixed a problem with decomposing ampersand entities in posts and pages.
- There was a problem logging in; if the server didn't have a valid domain name it wasn't saving the cookie. There were also problems related to logging out that have been fixed. Some of these problems were related to how the unique "blog signature" was being created. This root cause has been fixed.
- Foxed a problem with the RSS feed, which often did not work in bloglines.
- Fixed slashes/magic quote processing. Improper handling was causing slashes to appear in notification emails, for instance.
- The guest account was logging in to no specified administrative panel. Now is taken to the My Profile panel
- Fixed a problem that was discovered in the upgrade program when upgrading from a 1.10 blog.
- Generalized the RSS Collector, to allow it to be used for multiple types of RSS feeds
- Added the PhooCheckBox class to the Phoo Phramework
- Parameters can now be passed to a SnapOn
Work will soon commence on the next release of Bloo.
Happy New Year!