"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like 'Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!' and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, 'That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice.' Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."
- Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Bloo version 1.34 has been released. You can download it here.
Below are the significant features and bug fixes in this release:
- Bloo now has an Image Uploader SnapOn, which can be activated to allow you to upload images directly to your blog's filesystem with one-click adding of those pictures to your posts
- Bloo now has Ajax capabilities, through the Bloojax SnapOn. Expect more dynamic content in future SnapOns and general releases of Bloo. For now, this primarily is used for the Image Uploader SnapOn
- Some other tweaks - added throbbers to the install and upgrade programs, Removed the "Powered By" credit text because that's so 2002
- Fixed an issue with complex characters not being translated correctly in the RSS feeds
- Fixed an issue with the Bloo WIKI SnapOn that caused problems identifying the main page when the WIKI SnapOn was enabled for more than one blog in a blog community
- Performed general code cleanups
As always, my new year's resolution is to produce new releases more frequently! Look for a roadmap for future releases to come out soon.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!