"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like 'Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!' and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, 'That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice.' Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."
- Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Bloo version 1.10 is (finally) released! It includes some nice improvements over 1.00. You can download it here.
Below are the main features and fixes included in this release
- New and improved install and upgrade programs
- Title-based permalinks are now available. In other words, instead of your post permalink appearing as http://myblog/post_id=1, your permalink can look like http://myblog/posts/out-of-the-bloo-a-blog
- Beefed up security layers to protect against hacks.
- Searches now work for static pages as well as posts
- Improved the emails sent on comments and trackbacks
- Linefeed to BR tag replacements for posts and pages are now smarter. They won't add BR tags within TABLE, OL or UL tags
- General improvements in sidebar styles and organization
- Fixed a problem with the published date in the Comments RSS feed
- Fixed a problem with the Recent Comments link, which was preventing it from working
- Fixed a problem with the upgrade/install Ping that caused some blogs to hang on install