"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like 'Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!' and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, 'That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice.' Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."
- Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts
- Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Friday, August 3, 2007
The second production release candidate of Bloo, version 1.00, has been released. You can download it here.
Below are the features and bug fixes included in this release:
- Multiple Category Tags. Now a post can be filed under multiple categories. This one was long overdue . . .
- Modified the post changes protector extension to handle changes to the post category.
- Redesigned the layout of the post admin and post display. In particular, made changes to accommodate multiple categories
- IP Blacklist - yet another Spam fighting SnapOn for Bloo. This one allows you to blacklist certain IPs so they can't leave comments or send trackbacks
- Multiple comment protection. In the past, people who were too quick on the Submit button might see their comment hit twice. This has been fixed.
- Reworked the ThemeSelector so that the admin can select which themes he/she wants to be in the rotation. This is important because in the past, all themes showed up, even "Bloo Base", which isn't a very presentable theme.
- Added capturing of the create and modify user id to the comments and post tables. Now we can see who did what.
- Made some general improvements to the phoo base foundation classes
- Date formats are now configurable by the admin. Now the admin can set the date format for the post date, post time, and comment time display. In addition, moved Post, Comment date formats and display settings to the Look and Feel section. Just seemed more natural.
- An ampersand in a post title screws up the RSS feed. This has been fixed.
- When comments are sent to moderation, the user is not notified. Instead, they are just told “Thank you for your comment”. This has been resolved
- Those with “Everyone” status don’t have any real access to the admin panel. Fixed. Now they see a minimal administration panel, which basically just gives them the ability to edit their profile
- Error messages on login are very plain. Made 'em look nicer
- Simple Human Check display doesn’t start on its own line. Now it does.
- CommentFloodQuery was not working. This has been fixed.
- Upon upgrade or install, SnapOn and Theme lists were not shown in alpha order. They are now.
- First quote in Bloo Quote was not being selected as current upon entry of that quote into the system. Fixed.
Watch me for the changes . . .